Job Opening: Program Specialist (Twin Cities Metro)
Position: 1099 Independent Contractor/Program Specialist
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Application Deadline: Until filled
Salary: $22 per hour
Reach Out and Read Minnesota gives young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read aloud together. The Reach Out and Read model was developed by pediatricians and early childhood educators to make literacy promotion a part of regular well-child checkups at primary care clinic sites so children enter school prepared to excel. We are seeking a 1099 independent contractor to implement programmatic aspects of Reach Out and Read Minnesota including clinic recruitment and providing multi-site program support, quality assurance and improvement. Pay for the 1099 independent contractor is an hourly rate at approximately 15 hours per week. The 1099 independent contractor will work during normal business hours including some early morning hours; evening or weekend hours possible. The independent contractor position requires travel primarily throughout the Twin Cities metro.
- Serve as Reach Out and Read Minnesota contact for designated clinics, providing customer service, training, support, and technical assistance.
- Conduct in-person and virtual site visits for assigned area.
- Maintain organizational documentation, including assisting clinics in preparing semi-annual Progress Reports, and entering reports and data into an online database.
- Assist clinic staff with book ordering/management and creating literacy-rich clinic environments.
- Work with Reach Out and Read Minnesota staff to target and recruit specific clinics in assigned area.
- Act as first point of contact for prospective clinics through the application process
- Increase visibility of Reach Out and Read Minnesota in various communities by attending local events and meetings as a representative of the program.
- Communicate with Reach Out and Read Minnesota stakeholders, including staff, volunteers and Board of Directors.
- Attend in-person or virtual staff meetings and National virtual meetings, as needed
- Complete other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Passion for literacy, young children and their families, and health equity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet goals/deadlines
- Experience speaking to stakeholders and community groups
- Proficient in MS Office
- Background in education, medical setting, and/or training
- Experience with relationship management
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Google Drive
Independent Contractor Requirements:
- Must drive your own vehicle
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Proof of individual Workers Compensation insurance
- Home Office equipment, such as phone and computer
All mileage will be reimbursed at the federal IRS mileage rate.
To apply, please email a resume and brief cover letter to Kris Hoplin, Executive Director at info@reachoutandreadMN.org.