Position Opening: Medical Director for Reach Out and Read Minnesota
Title: Reach Out and Read Minnesota Medical Director
The Reach Out and Read Minnesota Medical Director serves as a medical champion for Reach Out and Read within the state, as well as nationally, by providing a medical voice, ensuring successful implementation of the Reach Out and Read model at Program Sites, and serving as a public representative of the program. The Medical Director is a high profile position within the organization; ideally the person serving in this role is established in the state’s medical community. The Medical Director has experience providing primary care to children and participating in the Reach Out and Read program at a clinical location. The Medical Director collaborates with the Executive Director/Program Director to ensure Program Sites are implementing the Reach Out and Read model with fidelity and high quality.
- Works with the Executive Director and Reach Out and Read MN's Board of Directors as well as Reach Out and Read national to cultivate and maintain public and private partnerships
- Serves as a ‘medical face’ of Reach Out and Read Minnesota by representing Reach Out and Read to the media as appropriate
- Help create and implement Reach Out and Read Minnesota’s communication strategy, including use of & having some presence on social media
- Interact with state and national officials to maintain and build support for Reach Out and Read Programs, both statewide and nationally
- Assist with advocacy activities including speaking to legislators and key stakeholders and, when applicable, recruiting support for legislative efforts (medical face witness)
- Foster strategic partnerships by representing Reach Out and Read to relevant medical, early childhood and educational entities
Program Support and Training
- Collaborate with the Executive Director/Program Director to ensure Reach Out and Read providers are trained to implement the Reach Out and Read model with fidelity and high quality
- Train pediatric & family medicine interns & educate medical students on Reach Out and Read Program quality
- Promote program quality initiatives and assist with their implementation
- Provide expertise in analyzing program quality
- Be familiar with Reach Out and Read-related and other relevant early education/literacy research
- Participate in Reach Out and Read research and program related projects when possible
- Collaborate with the Executive Director/Program Director on a regular basis to provide input and feedback on programmatic activities, issues, etc.
Strategic Growth and Fundraising
- Work to enhance name recognition and provide guidance and outreach as needed to support strategic growth throughout the state
- Represent medical leadership as a champion of Reach Out and Read in development opportunities
- Lead physician voice for grant proposals in academia or physician lead requirement
- Serves on the ROR Minnesota Board of Directors as a voting member, adhering to outlined Board responsibilities
Time commitment: Variable
- Weeks during the legislative session (January-May): 1-5 hours/week
- Weeks outside of the legislative session: 0-2 hours/week
- 1 hour staff meeting quarterly
- 2 hour Board of Directors meeting quarterly
- 2.5 day Reach Out and Read National Leadership Conference once a year (travel, hotel and per diem paid for)
- Variable meetings for strategic planning (every 3 years), board budget retreat (annually)
Note: This is not a paid position, but a small stipend to cover expenses is available.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief letter of interest to email@example.com.