Job Opening: Program Manager (Twin Cities Metro)
Position: Program Manager (part time)
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Application Deadline: Until filled
Salary/Hours: $25 per hour + benefits stipend/20 hours per week
Reach out and Read Minnesota seeks to give young children a foundation for success through the powerful effects of reading and sharing a story with a loved one. We partner with doctors and nurses to bring the brain-building power of books to families across the state. The Program Manager leads the programmatic aspects of Reach Out and Read and is responsible for site implementation and quality. This position is also the lead contact for volunteers.
- Provide guidance, support, and resources to contracted program staff to ensure consistent program implementation
- Act as first point of contact for prospective clinics through the application process
- Serve as Reach Out and Read point person for a select number of MN clinics and health systems, providing ongoing training, support, and technical assistance.
- Coordinate and attend site visits for designated sites
- Manage volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and placement. Schedule and coordinate group volunteer projects with help of appropriate staff
- Coordinate innovative projects with key partners
- Coordinate new and used book drives
- Interact with individuals including ROR clinic coordinators, ROR National Office staff, and Board Members.
- Facilitate sharing of information among key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of program management experience
- Experience working for a non-profit preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and comfortable with Google drive. Familiarity with CRM software and database management preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience supervising staff and leading a team.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet goals/deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Ability to work normal business hours, as well as some early morning, evening, or weekend hours; occasional overnight travel may be required
- Passion for improving literacy outcomes and helping children succeed
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.