Reach Out and Read Minnesota gives young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read aloud together. The best time to shape a child’s future is in the first five years, a critical window of rapid brain development that does not occur at any other time. With unparalleled access to families with young children, Reach Out and Read medical providers give books to children at well-child visits from infancy until they start school. More importantly, they encourage families to read aloud and engage with their infants, toddlers and preschoolers every day.
Reach Out and Read Minnesota has been growing rapidly and seeking to diversify our funding sources. We are seeking a 1099 independent contractor to help us expand our capacity, specifically in the areas of individual donor development and corporate development. Pay for the 1099 independent contractor is an hourly rate, with an expected average of 20 hours per week. The 1099 independent contractor will work during normal business hours, and may work early morning, evening, or weekend hours.
This contractor position is responsible for duties related to fundraising, marketing and communications for Reach Out and Read Minnesota, helping increase awareness of and engagement with our organization through effective development and marketing activities. Working with the Executive Director, this role will help implement the annual development plan for the organization to achieve stated financial and marketing goals.
· Support the Executive Director by participating in the creation and implementation of the Organization’s annual development plan, leveraging a range of strategies and tactics for individual giving, corporate and foundation support and events.
· Create and manage content for marketing collateral, website, email and other communications.
· Manage the organization’s social media channels.
· Develop annual giving campaigns including monitoring and tracking results.
· Conduct prospect research for new funding opportunities.
· Assist with public and media relations activities and inquiries.
· Provide support for all special events
· Work effectively with Executive Director, program coordinators and board members.
· Other duties as assigned
· Demonstrated writing experience and excellent verbal communication skills
· Strong addition to detail
· Excellent project and vendor management skills
· Ability to work independently and in collaboration with team members
· Bachelor's Degree
· 2-5 years of experience in marketing, public relations and/or fundraising
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce
· Expertise and up-to-date knowledge in social media management and SEO
Independent Contractor Requirements:
· Must drive your own vehicle
· Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
· Proof of individual Workers Compensation insurance
· Home Office equipment, such as phone and computer
· Must lift boxes up to 25 pounds
$15-$20 per hour, dependent on qualifications. Approximately 20 hours per week.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.