Job Opening: Program Specialist, Northwest MN
Reach Out and Read Minnesota gives young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read aloud together. The Reach Out and Read model was developed by pediatricians and early childhood educators to make literacy promotion a part of regular well-child checkups at primary care clinic sites so children enter school prepared to excel. We are seeking a 1099 independent contractor to implement programmatic aspects of Reach Out and Read Minnesota including clinic recruitment and providing multi-site program support, quality assurance and improvement. Pay for the 1099 independent contractor is an hourly rate up to 20 hours per week. The 1099 independent contractor will work during normal business hours including some early morning hours; evening or weekend hours possible. The independent contractor position requires travel primarily throughout Northwest Minnesota with occasional overnight travel within MN.
- Serve as Reach Out and Read Minnesota contact for designated clinics, providing customer service,
- training, support, and technical assistance.
- Conduct in-person and virtual site visits for assignment area.
- Maintain organizational documentation, including assisting clinics in preparing semi-annual Progress
- Reports, and entering reports and data into an online database.
- Assist clinic staff with book ordering/management and creating literacy-rich clinic environments.
- Work with ROR-MN staff to target and recruit specific clinics in assignment area.
- Increase visibility of ROR-MN in various communities.
- Communicate with ROR-MN stakeholders, including staff, volunteers and Board of Directors.
- Complete other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for improving literacy and guiding clinic staff to help children succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet goals/deadlines
- Experience speaking to stakeholders and community groups
- Proficient in MS Office
- Background in education, medical setting, and/or training
- Experience with relationship management
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Google Drive
Independent Contractor Requirements:
- Must drive your own vehicle
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Proof of individual Workers Compensation insurance
- Home Office equipment, such as phone and computer
- Must lift boxes up to 25 pounds
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Kris Hoplin, Executive Director at info@reachoutandreadMN.org.