2020 Virtual Spring Benefit
Now's the Time to Invest in Minnesota Children
Watch Our Virtual Spring Benefit
Hear from experts like our new Medical Director Dr. Gigi Chawla and early childhood development expert Dr. Megan Gunnar on how we can support Minnesota's youngest learners in this unprecedented moment
This year we are celebrating resilience. We celebrate what research tells us: that reading to children from a young age helps them develop emotional resilience, a trait which give them lifetime skills to cope with stress and overcome challenges. We also celebrate the resilience of our amazing, diverse Minnesota communities, communities who, amidst these unprecedented challenges, are finding new ways to be together and support each other.
The event includes:
- An update on our program's progress from Executive Director, Kris Hoplin.
- Our first ever Gerald Gilchrist Medical Champion award for an outstanding Reach Out and Read MN provider
- A talk from Dr. Megan Gunnar, Director of the Institute for Child Development at the University of Minnesota, on mitigating children's stress in challenging moments.
- A message from Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan
- A keynote address by our new Medical Director, Dr. Gigi Chawla, Chief of General Pediatrics at Children's Minnesota.