Help us support early learning across Minnesota by joining us for a fun, accessible, and delicious virtual cooking class on Feb. 25th
About the chef: Alec Duncan, owner and chef of Potter's Pasties and Pies, will lead us through the class and answer questions as we cook together. Alec is a Twin Cities native who received his culinary education working in local kitchens both here (including: 128 Café, Café Barbette, Prima, Inonni, Domacin, and yes, Subway) and abroad. You can learn more about Potter's, (which is, by the way, enthusiastically endorsed by Reach Out and Read Minnesota board member and practitioner, Dr. Molly Martyn) on their website.
About the class:
- Starts at 7pm and ends at 8:30pm.
- $50.00 donation per household.
- A list of ingredients and materials will be emailed to participants on Friday, February 20th. All ingredients can be found at your local grocery store.
- The Zoom link to participate will be sent ahead of the event.
- Participants may choose to be on or off video, according to their preference. By default, mics will be on mute, but questions may be asked by the "hand raising" function or the chat function on Zoom.
About the meal: We promise to make the cooking casual, fun, and as accessible as possible. The theme of the meal is, "healthy and easy weeknight meals", so don't worry: you don't need to be a professional chef! Alec has enough cooking experience for all of us, and he is an experienced teacher as well!
- Arugula salad with toasted sesame, marinated olives, soy honey mustard dressing
- Pork Tenderloin (which can be substituted for your protein of choice, such as portabella mushrooms or chicken)
- Red lentil cake
- Sautéed spinach
- Orange ginger gastrique
About Reach Out and Read Minnesota: We work with pediatric care providers to bring books and learning to young children across Minnesota. Read more.